Image Map

Friday 1 February 2013

RED, GOLD AND SILVER GLITTER NAIL TUTORIAL

For as long as I can remember I have bitten my nails. I am stupidly shy so I've always put it down nerves. As I'm getting older now, I need to get out of the habit. For Christmas, my Mam paid for me to have acrylics done on Christmas Eve and I haven't bitten them since, yay me! I finally took them off yesterday and to stop me from biting them, I decided to make them pretty. I didn't really have anything in mind and just went with it, so I thought I would do a little tutorial for you guys. 


I first applied a base coat which I would never normally do, but I want to start taking care of my nails properly as they so stupidly weak. I then applied two coats of Ciate's Dangerous Affair (little review here). The colour of the polish in the bottle is what it looks like on your nails but I had my flash on.


Next, I applied Barry M Nail Paint in Yellow Topaz Glitter on just under half of the nail. The glitter has chunks of hexagon shaped glitter and fine glitter mixed together, which I sometimes have trouble applying evenly. 


Finally, I applied Barry M Nail Paint in Silver Glitter (review here) over the top of the gold for more texture and variety. I probably should of done it the other way round, but I think it looks okay. 

I love looking at my nails in the light. I love looking at all the different colours and I find myself doing it a lot. Simple things, simple minds haha. I hope I have inspired you to chuck a load of glitter on your nails! What is your favourite glitter polish? Let me know below!




4 comments :