Image Map

Tuesday 22 January 2013

RIMMEL WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION






Currently £5.99 from Boots or Superdrug.

I have had this foundation for a while now and have only just got around to doing this review. Even though there are a lot of them floating about in the blogging/YouTube'ing world, I thought that I would give my view on it. Rimmel say that this foundation is 'light, moisturising texture applies smoothly and leaves skin feeling soft and comfortable all day, Gives an instant flawless, natural-looking finish, Visible anti-fatigue effect with peptides and a Vitamin Moisturising complex'. I think it is moisturising and does leave your skin feeling soft. It had a gel-like consistency so I wouldn't go as far as saying that it was light on your skin but it is comfortable. It has medium coverage but does look natural and dewey, but I set it with a powder. I apply this with a Real Techniques Buffin Brush which helps to make it smooth and streak free! The longest I have worn this foundation is about 5 or 6 hours (on a night out) and only touched up once with powder and it looked fine. It has a subtle floral fragrance with a little hint of that foundation smell, which personally doesn't bother me. This foundation only has 6 shades which is a bit of a let down. I have the shade 100 Ivory which I think might be the lightest shade. I really do like the packaging of this foundation. I think the glass bottle give it that little bit more class than some drugstore/high street foundations have and the bright orange lid and pump make it eye catching. I do like this foundation however, I don't like the glitter in it. I know the point of this foundation is for the glitter to give you that fresh/just got up feel, but it shows up far too much on my skin for my liking. I've read reviews from other bloggers saying that the glitter/shimmer doesn't show up on their skin, but it does on mine. Once I have set it with a powder it doesn't look that bad, so I now only use this as a daytime foundation. I would recommend this foundation to people, especially with dry skin. If you have oily skin like me, I do recommend using a powder. I think I would buy it again if the price was still £5.99, but I'm not in love with it to buy it at full price.  

2 comments :

  1. It's weird, sometimes the glitter really stands out on my skin, other times I can't see it at all! I think I'm too pale for even the lightest shade though, makes me look a tad too dark! It's not my favourite foundation, but it's pretty good for the price!
    Frankie xx
    http://coffeeshopsandcardigans.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete